Managing your call agents work is as much important as organizing your marketing processes. This can help you to reduce the numbers of missing calls and to catch up the callers asap.
Optimization of your call-center work and managing the calls stream are one of the prioritized tasks in the business processes. So, there are different tools you can use for it: like a voicemail, IVR, greeting audios and other ones for setting the distribution of the calls to your call agents.
Mostly we recommend to our users to create the call routing schemes for working and non-working days and hours using IVR setting. So, this helps to minimize the missed calls number and direct the caller to the right department.
But, in case you’re already provided with another PBX, you also are free to set the most optimizing configurations for distributing the calls to your call agents.
How to configure your call routing schemes?
Create a new call forwarding scheme using the next configurations:
1. Enter a name of a call forwarding scheme. For example, the name of a department where you are going to redirect the calls to.
2. Now select the destination you want to direct the calls to:
- Voicemail - an audio for non-working days and hours.
- IVR (Interactive Voice Response) - a setting for relocating the calls to different departments or specific call agent using the tone keypad.
- Webhook forwarding number - a number for redirecting the calls into your CRM-system or other services.
- SIP-account - a SIP user account that contains all configuration for the telephone connection via the Internet.
- Phone number - your company telephone number.
- External SIP-account - a SIP user account you can take from your provider.
You can combine a few destinations in one scheme. For example, first, you can set calls distribution to a SIP-account (or a few of them) during 20 seconds, then to a phone number - during 20 seconds and add the voicemail block in the end.
3. Then enter a timeout in seconds for forwarding the calls from one destination to another in case the call won’t be answered from it (a call agent might be on another line or unreachable).
4. And finally select a call forwarding type for the scheme:
- Sequential - for routing the calls from one destination to another alternately.
- Parallel - for routing the calls in parallel to a few destinations.
Pro tip: you can set different call routing schemes for each number or the pools of numbers connected to the project.
Here are a few examples of configuring call routing
Setting Ringostat Virtual PBX
- First, in the Locations list select SIP-accounts you’ve created in the project.
- Then set around 30 seconds for a timeout and upload a voicemail audio to inform your callers that you will connect them asap.
- Now don’t forget to set the sequential call forwarding type for these locations.
- Main call routing settings are completed!
Setting the call routing for custom Virtual PBX
- First, add the company number you want to direct the calls to (or each call agent phone number) as a phone number location type.
- Then set around 30 seconds for a timeout and select the parallel call forwarding type (for a few numbers of each call agent).
- Finally, add a voicemail record in the last block in the branch. So, in case all your call agents won’t be available, the callers will be informed that you’ll try to get in touch with them asap.
- And now main call routing settings are completed!
Recommendation: enter more than 60 seconds (for one block in the branch) or around 30 seconds (for 2 and more blocks with the locations in the branch) for the timeout, so the call agents will have time to answer the call for sure.
To manage your call agents schedule better, we recommend configuring the advanced settings like working days and hours: mark the days of the week you want to get the calls from the clients in order to organize the work of the call center.
For example, you want to receive the calls from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm Mon-Fri. So, set the marks in the check-boxes from Mon to Fri and select the working time. For the weekends, set the branch with a voicemail to inform your clients that you will call them back at the working time.
To make your company brand more known and loyal to the clients, configure the advanced audio settings: introduce the company brand to a caller and make it more known using a greeting audio.
By the way, the general rings can be rather annoying, so here you can upload a background audio too.
Now, as you’ve already configured the call routing schemes for receiving the calls from the visitors of your web page, go to the next step and enable the insertion. For this connect the phone numbers to the project.